Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Birthday to the LDS Relief Society!

Today my ward held a FANTABULOUS Relief Society Fair. Hats off to Heather and her cracker jack activities board! There were several booths that covered a variety of topics like: gardening, emergency preparedness, quilting, bread making, couponing, family history, fashion, neat house-work tips, nutrition, exercise, and my booth Food Storage.




I was lucky to share this topic with one of my best neighbors ever!




Valerie came prepared with her wealth of knowledge for home canning.




I came with a demonstration of how FOOD storage can be MEAL storage.




And together we covered basic food storage information and taught about the various tools worth investing in (see my tools list) that help those on a quest for a strong food storage system. It was a load of fun and we had a great time getting to visit and share information all together. I learned some really great tips and felt educated and fulfilled when it was all over.
IT REALLY WAS A MORNING SPENT WELL!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I just became an active member and I think these types of activities are the best! I always feel so productive after :) Thank you for sharing. I wouldn't mind doing this with my ward. Well, maybe my next ward :) (I'm in the singles ward for now ;) ) http://stubbornlydelighted.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Nikole! Thanks for sharing. It's nice to get fun feedback. And congrats on the upcoming "ward change"! ;)

      Delete