Saturday, March 17, 2012

Home Canning...A Lost Art Form

I'm thrilled to say that more and more people are catching on to the lost art of canning too! Yesterday was a very proud day for me as I was able to walk my dear friend Jan through the process of canning chicken. She had never done any of her own canning before and so to see her light up with that sense of pride and accomplishment that only home canning and storage can give you, was a joy for me!


And on top of that, I had a canning first of my own! For the spaghetti bag meal I will be doing soon, I canned my first batch of Ground Beef (hamburger). I browned it slightly while seasoning it with Italian herbs and Greek seasoning. I then put it into pint jars with a little salt and bullion, added a little boiling water then processed it in the pressure-canner at 13-14lbs for 75 min.



It turned out great! Now I just need hamburger to go on sale so I can buy pounds and pounds of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment