Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Making Adjustments

I under-estimated the cost of canned fruit! My goal to have all 7 meals done by Saturday was a little over zealous. I began to realize this a week and a half ago when I went shopping for all the remaining ingredients I needed in order to assure their completion. My budget was simply too small. I had what I thought would be enough, but sadly was not. I walked out of the store short 48 cans of fruit, 1 can of Turkey (Cuz all of a sudden no one carries it on their shelves anymore!?), a large bag of Chow Mein Noodles (again couldn't find any) and 48 bottles of water. Even if I HAD found the items that weren't on the shelves, I would have been short the money. I've spent the last week and a half checking store prices, waiting to see how my grocery budget panned out by the end of the pay period, and praying for a miracle. A true test in patience, I guess!
As I still hunt around for Canned Turkey ( I only need ONE for heaven's sake!), and the Chow Mein, I have focused on the bags I CAN finish. The Mac and cheese and the Poppy Seed Chicken. These are more affordable because I already have most of them complete with fruit, vegis, and water. I just need a couple extra bags made. Where the other three have never had fruit, vegis, or water included in them so I need to buy for ALL of them.
My newly adjusted plan is to attempt to buy, or can myself, what I need for each of the remaining three meals over time, as I continue to move forward with the new meals that pass the testing phase. I've moved things around on my calendar to give me a good guideline. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment