Thursday, January 5, 2012

Beef Stroganoff a Success!

I love it when things work out the way you hope! I was able to take my Stroganoff recipe and convert it to a bag meal recipe. I tried it on my family and it passed with flying colors. In my initial attempt a few things didn't work perfectly. Still tasty, but not perfect.

I didn't cook the WHOLE bag of pasta making my pasta to sauce proportions off. I recommend using the whole bag up to 12 oz. Then there's the pepper. I like a REALLY peppery stroganoff, so I tried a full teaspoon in my test batch. I LOVED it, but my husband (who usually loves pepper) felt it made the flavor of the dish as a whole a little off. So in the recipe, (found in the Bag Meal Recipe Tags section), I reduced the pepper by half. But if you like the strong flavor of pepper... I say go for it! My plan is to assemble the bags for this meal in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment