Monday, April 4, 2011

Forward Pressing

After a long few months of trials and triumphs, I'M BACK! I have some new and interesting insights on my food storage and home organization project. I want to clarify my objectives and refresh my own motivation and reasonings for doing this. I have come to realize some things and am excited to share.

First: I have found that no matter how well planned you think you have your life; Life will ALWAYS throw curve balls. The goal is to not panic, have faith, do what you CAN do, and let the rest come as it may. Easier said than done, but sound advice for sure.

Second: I realize that the goals I have set for myself are not hard. It's finding the time EVERYDAY to blog about it. I don't have an absolute solution for this, but can tell you that my Blog title is "DOING something each day", not "BLOGGING something each day." Although, I will do my best to write everyday, I will be happy if I get to report a few times a week.

Third: I don't want my blog to be a mundane report of shopping lists and recipes. As I have come to realize it is becoming. I have more than just bag meals going on in my daily effort to be organized and build a solid year supply for my family. My choice to keep my food supply in meals is unique and therefore is a focus. However, I have emergency preparedness, self reliance, remodeling, re-organizing, scheduling, and daily routine creating on my list of goals to achieve as well as a year supply.

Fourth: I have decided that testing a bag meal recipe should be an absolute step in building my meal supply. A "no-brainer" for you I'm sure, but I honestly never thought about it before. We have had to use some of the stock I had built up in order to help me get through these past few months. I have found some adjustments that can be made to some of the recipes to take them from good to incredibly YUMMY. Who doesn't want food storage that's incredibly YUMMY!?
I will share these adjustments as we go.

With health and strength returned to all in my home, a renewed sense of urgency and motivation, and the eye opening and heart breaking natural disasters hitting all around the world, I choose to ACT and PREPARE. I hope you do as well.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea for a blog. I will follow. Maybe just try to update once a week or something.

    ReplyDelete