Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blessing In Disguise

I realized today that the health struggles my family and I went through these past few months, in a way contributed to making today possible. I love finding something to be grateful for in the midst of adversity, or shortly thereafter. Because one thing seemed to be happening after another, I stopped preparing and working on my food storage meals altogether. BUT... I didn't stop banking away my budgeted food storage monies. I kept it in it's little envelope, knowing that, eventually, my little storm would pass and that I'd need it. I thought I would use it to "catch up" with my meal production. Instead, the very week I start to get going again on storage, I realized my shelves are looking depleted. The Blessing? TIMING! Today was the last day of Macey's famous case lot sale. I went in with all my stashed cash, a very detailed and organized list of all I needed, and came out with EVERYTHING on my list and within the budgeted amount! Yay for blessings in disguise!

I did decide, however, that it would be wise of me to budget within my food storage meal budget, an amount to set aside each payday and hold onto for great "stock-up" opportunities.

This is my suggestion for today. Budget, save, and budget within the budget some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment