Monday, September 27, 2010

Today's Spectacular Failure!

I attempted to make apple cinnamon oatmeal this morning. I'm trying to figure out a good homemade instant oatmeal to add to the list of breakfast bag meals I'm compiling for when I start on breakfast. I didn't measure very well. It was bland and goopy, yuck! The kids just played with it and told me how much they didn't want to eat it. I'll be more focused next time.

On a good note: I read through a great bag meal recipe book today! I'm excited to try a bunch of them! This book also gave some really great tips and insight on being organized in the kitchen. My favorite tip was to (assuming the kitchen was cleaned after the previous meal) fill one sink with hot soapy water BEFORE you begin to cook or bake something. It didn't say why, but this makes perfect sense to me! As you go, you throw the used and dirtied dishes into the soapy water. Thus making clean-up a snap! Everything is pre-rinsed ready to go into the dishwasher or be washed by hand. Nothing gets dried on and hard to scrub off. It's perfect and I'm going to create this habit in my daily cooking routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment